Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bobby G's Chicago Eatery in Atlanta?

I have never been to Chicago, but I always wanted to try out some of the street food Chicago is known for.  I never had authentic Chicago style dogs in Chicago, but I have had them at other places. So I don't know if I'm a good judge on authentic Chicago style dogs. But I thought Bobby G's made them fairly well. 

One thing I don't like about most Chicago style hotdogs is that they're made with regular sized franks. The bun and the condiments overpower the meat. It feels like I'm not eating any meat at all. Even though Bobby G's offered a nice sized frank, I felt I was just eating the bun and pickles. Maybe I'm just not used to eating hot dogs. But I want more meat when eating a hotdog. 

Not bad, but I want more meat.

So I ordered their Polish Sausage Chicago style. Now that was more like it. The Polish Sausage tasted pretty good. Combined with the tomatoes, relish, pickles, sports peppers, and mustard; it makes a nice and tasty meal.

I forget what brand of Polish Sausage they used, but it tasted good. But the guy who worked at Bobby G's seemed proud of the brand of Polish Sausage they used.

That's more like it. Polish hotdog Chicago style. It even looks better. The better photo does help the look of it though.
I also tried their saurkraut dog. I found it so-so. The saurkraut didn't taste very good. I would just stick with the Polish Sasuage Chicago Style.

Pretty not tasty.
I also tried their authentic Italian Beef Sandwich. They give you a ton of toppings to choose from. I couldn't figure out what I wanted. So the guy at Bobby G's suggested grilled onions, sports peppers, sweet peppers, and their secret au jus sauce. He said those toppings were the most traditional.

Because of the au jus sauce, he warned me it would be hot. Whatever. I can eat Peter Chang's dishes without needing water. After taking a few bites, I must admit, the au jus sauce did taste hot. I'm surprised to say it made me sweat. Overall, I liked their Italian Beef Sandwich. Once again, I don't know if it's authentic, but it tasted good.

Italian Beef.

I liked Bobby G's. Most of the food tasted good, and it's also cheap. You and a date can eat for about $10. It's also set up as a small sports bar. So it's a nice, inexpensive place to come and watch a game.



If I wanted to go to a cheap, decent place to hang out and eat in the Buckhead area, I would go to Bobby G's. It sure beats Taco Mac. I give it 3.5 paws up. 

Bobby G's Chicago Eatery
574 Main Street ne
Atlanta, GA 30324
(404) 841-6670

No comments:

Post a Comment