Thursday, April 14, 2011

Rincon Latino (Latino Rincon in English)

Rincon Latino seems to be famous for their pupusas. Everybody who reviewed this restaurant seemed to talk about the pupusas, so I had to try one.  Rincon Latino makes the pupusas with corn tortilla and stuff it with something. I got the mix pupusa, which had pork and refried beans in it.

I liked it. It seemed a bit small though. When you order one, you just get one. You can't make a meal out of it. I see it as a side dish or an appetizer.

Pupusa–Pretty average

I tried some of their meat dishes–the fish and the pork. They came with rice, some lettuce, and some pieces of tomatoes. The pork came out breaded and fried. The fish came out just fried with some diabla sauce.

They make a decent meal, but it's not something to get excited about. Unless you're a fan of Salvadorian food or want to try out something new, you can get better things for the same price at Buford Hwy.

Carne Adoboda–Pretty average

Mojarra Diabla–Pretty average
I liked their shrimp cocktail though. I think it's their best dish. I love seafood and avocados so how can you go wrong with this dish? The sauce it comes in complements the shrimp well. The goblet is also huge. 

I forgot to take a picture of the Shrimp Cocktail, so I borrowed this picture from Yelp.

The tables–Pretty average
My recommendation is to get the Shrimp Cocktail and the Pupusas. I think I got the most enjoyment out of those 2 dishes. The other dishes seemed just average; so Mr. Kitty gives this place 3 paws up.

Rincon Latino
5055 Buford Hwy NE
Doraville, GA 30340
(770) 936-8181
Rincon Latino on Urbanspoon

1 comment: