Thursday, April 7, 2011

Pinkberry Goes Green... Tea

I'm surprised at Pinkberry's introduction of their green tea flavor. Green tea seems like an unpopular flavor to many people. Maybe Pinkberry has been hearing about how I was meowing for some green tea froyo. Yeah right, I like to think I'm that special. But whatever their reason was for introducing the green tea flavor, it feels like a big win for me. 

I consider Pinkberry as one of the big three frozen yogurt places in Atlanta along with Yogurberry and Yoforia. I have not tried Red Mango yet though. So right now, it feels like a 3 franchise race to me.

Does Pinkberry Only Give You 3 Toppings Per Cup?

They are not self serve like most Yoforia locations. The employees at Pinkberry create the yogurt for you. They also offer only 3 toppings per cup. At least that's what it looks like. They stop asking you for toppings once you picked 3.  It kinda goes like this when I'm picking toppings:

I look at my choices and start choosing, "I want strawberries... and I want some mangos... and I want some chocolate chips... and ...."

"Here's your yogurt!" She says as she hands it to me.

I hang my head in sadness. "Okay..." 

They do that every time, so I guess they limit you to 3 toppings. Maybe I'm not observant, but I haven't seen a sign that says Pinkberry limits you to 3 toppings. I should look for that sign next time. Or it could be because I order the small size all the time. I should try ordering a bigger size and see what happens. 

Speaking of toppings, they do offer mochi and other toppings not shown to the outside world. They do have a tiny sign that says something like, "we have mochi too."

Fruity toppings.

Non fruity, more unhealthy, sugary, and good toppings.

Their Excellent Frozen Yogurt

Their quality of yogurt seems high. Their froyo appears and tastes creamier than Yoforia's. And I think Pinkberry has the best original flavor of froyo. If it wasn't for the green tea flavor they introduced, I would've gotten the original flavor.

Unfortunately, their other flavors suck. Well, "suck" might be a harsh word for it. I mean, I guess their chocolate tastes good, but I'm not a big fan of chocolate flavored froyo. But their other flavors just doesn't taste good compared to the other franchises–other than their green tea flavor. I think this is one of the best green tea flavored froyo I've had. It certainly beats Yoforia's. I can't remember Yogurberry's since I haven't had it recently.

Yoforia's green tea froyo isn't tarty, which is fine. Yogurberry's is a bit too tart, which is also fine. Pinkberry is just right. Pinkberry's green tea froyo also tastes very light and refreshing. Also, combined with Pinkberry's high quality, creamy yogurt, I prefer it to Yoforia's.

Sure Yoforia is the original gangster green tea froyo. They had it first, and it's what I'm familiar with. But Pinkberry's just tastes better.  However, when I feel like I want some non-tarty green tea, I'll still go to Yoforia.

One of the best green tea froyo.

Two of my favorite flavors at Pinkberry: original and green tea.

My Final Thoughts


I never liked Pinkberry when they first opened. They only offered 4 flavors back then, and I didn't think too highly of them. But they offer more flavors now and they still kept up their high quality of yogurt.

Pinkberry seems more expensive than the other places though. They're also stingy with their toppings. It's okay, as long as they have green tea, they'll see me more often. Oh yeah, their jingle on their website is funny and cute, but annoying. Reminds me of a girl I knew. Anyway, Mr. Kitty gives this place 4.5 paws up.

Pinkberry
2937 Cobb Pkwy SE
Ste 102
Atlanta, GA 30339
Pinkberry on Urbanspoon

1 comment: