Monday, May 2, 2011

I Got a New Camera

I won't post a food review today. But I want to share that I bought new digital camera.

As you guys have noticed, my photos on my blog have sucked. A carpenter shouldn't blame his tools, but I decided to get a new camera to try to improve my photos. It felt like a way for me to start fresh in taking decent food pictures.

As I took photos at different restaurants for my blog, I found out there is some type of art to taking food pictures. And as I read other food blogger's sites, I saw that they took really great photos of food. My site looked ghetto compared to the other food sites.

So I figured my new camera would be a way for me to start figuring that out. I don't want to take it too seriously, but I would like to learn how to take decent photos.

My old digital camera was probably around 5 years old. I didn't know how to use it effectively. But I wasn't a photographer so I didn't really care. As long as I could take semi-decent snap shots, I thought it was fine. And I think my old camera had more than enough capabilities to take great photos of food and other things. But I saw a great deal for a Panasonic DMC-ZS6 at woot.com. So I decide to get it.

Anyway, I don't think you'll see improvements in my photos immediately, but I hope the photos would improve in time.

Rice from Rumi's Kitchen. Review coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment