Friday, June 3, 2011

Jim And Nick's BBQ in Smyrna

Jim and Nick's is your standard chain restaurant. It's large, gives you tons of food, the food is average, and are reasonably priced.

First, let's talk about their best item: their cheese biscuits. They are sweet and delicious. I don't like to go to Jim and Nicks, especially when there's 2 other superior BBQ places in the same area, but if I had to go, I look forward to their cheese biscuits. The best part is that they're free. They're probably made with everything people deem unhealthy: cheese, corn, butter, and crack.

Cheese Biscuits laced with crack.
Their fried green tomatoes also get rave reviews. I'm not a big fan of fried green tomatoes to begin with so I didn't care for these. But everyone goes nuts about them. I guess they're good if you like fried green tomatoes. They just taste okay to me.

Fried Green Tomatoes
They sure give you a ton of food for their entrees.  My pulled pork didn't have much flavor. It was also tough and dry. My sides were also on the tasteless side. I wasn't too impressed with my pulled pork plate.

Pulled Pork Plate
Their ribs are the same story. They're drenched in sauce but it still felt tasteless. It also tasted Dry and tough.

Ribs

Even though those two entrees were mediocre, I would like to write about their Pig in the Potato Patch. It comes with a ginormous potato. It was the size of my head. It comes with a mutated, giant potato with tons of bacon, cheese, sour cream, pulled pork, butter, and whatever else you can think of that might give you a heart attack. I like this dish. It was much better than the pulled pork or rack of ribs platters.

Pig in the Potato Patch.
Jim and Nick's is pretty mediocre BBQ place, especially for this area. Like I wrote, you have other better options nearby. I guess you would come here if you crave the cheese biscuits. But that's the only reason to come here.

I would give this place 2 paws up, but I guess the cheese biscuits and the Potato Patch dish might make me want to raise more paws a bit. So Mr. Kitty gives it 2.5 paws up.

Jim 'n Nick's Bar-B-Q
4574 S Cobb Dr SE
Smyrna, GA 30080
www.jimnnicks.com

Jim 'n Nick's Bar-B-Q (Smyrna) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment