Friday, August 26, 2011

Roy's Cheesesteaks... Philly Connection Version 2.0?

Roy Brostrand seems to know his cheesesteaks. First of all, Roy owns Roy's Cheesesteaks. He also founded Philly Connection. Now he has another cheesesteak gig called  Champion Cheesesteaks. Champion Cheesesteaks is Roy just jumping on the food truck bandwagon. Anyway, this post is about Roy's second cheesesteak venture: Roy's Cheesesteaks. 

Roy's cheesesteaks all come on Italian rolls. The cheesesteaks are suppose to be authentic, but I never been to Philly so I don't know if it does cheesesteaks justice. They look pretty boring, but they do taste good. Then again, I like hot sandwiches in general, and Roy's satisfies my cravings. 

For your cheeses, you can choose from mozzarella, provolone, or cheese whiz. Cheese whiz is suppose to be the more authentic version. But I didn't like it. It tasted too salty to me. Instead, I prefer the provolone version. I like my cheesesteaks with mushrooms and onions also. 

Roy's also has birch beer at his soda fountain. I like that. I'm a fan of different types of sodas and welcome any place that provides sodas other than plain, old, boring Coke, Sprite, Diet Coke, etc.



There's nothing else that can be said about Roy's. It seems like a decent sandwich shop in Smyrna. They are closed Sundays though. Mr. Kitty gives it 3.5 paws up.

Roy's Cheesesteaks
2900 Highlands Pky SE
Smyrna, GA 30082
(404) 799-7939
Roy's Cheesesteaks on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment