Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Jang Su Jang Su Jang Su Jang...

Jang Su Jang is a solid Korean restaurant. It used to be not like this. When this place first opened, they were pretty pathetic. They only had 3 pieces of crappy banchans and only served tofu stew. After many years, I decided to come back. What a pleasant surprise they have improved.

First of all, they give you a lot more banchans. They don't give you some lame, piddling amounts of pickled vegetables. They give you good stuff like mook, potato salad, some meat, kimchees, and others. It isn't So Kong Dong quality, but it looks like a big improvement from what they served before.

Yay for banchans. 
Also, I think their food quality improved. We ordered the galbi (braised short ribs), "yetnal" (old style) bulgogi (marinated beef), and naengmyun (cold noodle soup).

The galbi tasted decent. It seemed well marinated. But I bit into tiny bones too often. I guess it's difficult to remove all the tiny bones inside the meat. But it wasn't bad. 

Galbi, grilled marinated short ribs
I never had Yetnal bulgogi before. This is suppose to be old style bulgogi. Normally, bulgogi is grilled. I guess back then, they didn't have grills or something, and they ate it as stew. I don't know if that is accurate, but I liked the dish. The stew was flavorful but fatty. It came in a huge pot. I liked this dish too.

Old school bulgogi
Finally, we had some naengmyun. They're cold noodle soup. It came with black noodles. I actually liked that. I think it gave a better taste to me. It tasted cold and refreshing. I also liked it.

Cold, refreshing naengmyun.
Jang Su Jang became one of my favorite Korean restaurants. Of course, they probably had to improve because they are located in Duluth. A crappy Korean restaurant can't last there.

They have a lot of menu items, and all their dishes seem solid. Also, like other Korean restaurants, it's a great value. You get a ton of great food for a reasonable price.  Mr. Kitty gives it 4 paws up.

Jang Su Jang
3645 Satellite Blvd
Duluth, GA 30096
(678) 475-9170
Jang Su Jang on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment