Friday, July 22, 2011

Daddy D'z BBQ Joynt Any Gud?

After eating at Heirloom BBQ, how could I like any other BBQ place? I was ready to write this place off—until I got there. I saw this joynt's external decorations and saw that I had to go in and try it out. I think it's that pig that did it for me. Or maybe the sign. 

Nice Pig
Daddy D'z is your good old Atlanta BBQ place. They've been in Atlanta for a while, and they're located right in the heart of Atlanta.

I like the atmosphere. It has a barebones and traditional feel. Flies fly around everywhere, trying to get at your food. There is a covered patio section and a smaller indoor section. There are fans going to keep us cool. The service is slow. But I thought all of that added to the atmosphere. I don't see any of that as a negative. Okay, maybe the flies did annoy me, but everything else fit the ambiance.

Their food don't look pretty. They just throw some food on top of a paper plate. Then they jam the utensils into the food. They obviously don't give any attention to the plating. But again, I think that adds to the overall feel of the restaurant. I don't see that as a negative either.

Greens, Yam, Corn Bread, and Pulled Pork

Brunswick Stew, Corn Bread, Pulled Pork, and Green Beans.
I liked the food. Of course, It can't beat Heirloom, but no BBQ can touch Heirloom right now for me. However, Daddy D'z pork tasted very tender and juicy, the corn bread tasted good, and the sides were on point. They also give you some nice, sugary sweet tea.

The service, like I mentioned, seems slow but friendly. I like the food, the service, and the atmosphere. If you're not in a rush, you should come here on a lazy afternoon and enjoy some good BBQ. Mr. Kitty gives it 4 paws up.

Daddy D'z BBQ Joynt
264 Memorial Dr SE
Atlanta, GA 30312
(404) 222-0206
www.daddydz.com
Daddy D'z on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment